Thursday, January 1, 2009

Kareena returns




After the super flop 'Tashan', Bebo is back with her second film of the year
”Golmaal Returns” is Kareena Kapoor’s second film of 2008, after the super flop “Tashan”. The actress is now actively promoting the multi-starrer comedy movie, which is releasing on October 29.We spoke to Kareena about her recent films and her much talked about body.Excerpts from the interview...You were last seen in Tashan and much was said about your look and style, especially your body. Any comments?See, everyone in the world was talking about my look and appreciating it. Not only did they like the styling of the film they also liked my performance in the movie. My look and style has now become a trend.A lot of people say size zero or being thin is not healthy. Being slim cannot be misconstrued as being unhealthy or thin. The media is calling me thin. I am not on any diet at all. I love to eat. Earlier I did starve a day or so to get the right look for a photo shoot like I did with ‘Mujhse Dosti Karoge’. But it’s never been more than that. I have my limits.You were recently ‘heard’ in Roadside Romeo. How was it dubbing for movie?It was an interesting experience dubbing for the movie. I believe that this is the first time any mainstream heroine is dubbing for a film of this nature in India. It happens a lot abroad, but it doesn't happen in India. There have been other actresses who have dubbed for animation films earlier in India, but they haven't been lead heroines. There are some more heroines I have heard who are dubbing now, but my film will be the first one to release. What kind of preparations did you do before dubbing for the film?I watched a few Hollywood animation movies as that was the only reference that I could get. I take a lot of pains in dubbing because as a kid I have seen my sister dub for her films and seen the kind of pains taken by her. Now with no live character on screen and a cartoon to dub for, animation and dubbing seem to be undergoing a sea of change. It was very exciting also to be dubbing along with Saif.You will now be 'seen' in Golmaal Returns, in which you play the role of a TV buff. Are you really one?I am not much of a TV watcher. I just watch a bit of movies or entertainment news sometimes. Serials are something that I watch seldom.In ‘Golmaal Returns’ I play the role of a girl called Ekta – like the real name of the boss of Balaji Telefilms – who loves to watch TV serials especially those that are made by Balaji. She is forever watching TV serials like ‘Kyun Ki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Th’i, ‘Kasautii Zindagi Ki’ or ‘Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii’. My character is a suspicious person who loves to deck herself in sindoor, mangalsutra and bindis. She suspects her husband of having some kind of a relationship outside the marriage. But she is a modern girl, not a sari-clad bahu. You dropped out of a film opposite Ajay called Chori Chori, but later did Omkara with him. Golmaal Returns is your second film with Ajay.We gelled well in Omkara and looked good together too. Moreover Ajay is a gentleman. Our interaction and chemistry is pretty good. We understand each other well and have a good rapport as well. What made you do this film?I saw ‘Golmaal’ and loved the film. And that is one reason why I did this film. Rohit seemed to be a fabulous director of comedy and he proved it right. In fact, in ‘Golmaal’ I liked Tusshar's performance a lot.You are working with Tusshar too after a long time.Tusshar and I did films like ‘Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai’ and then ‘Jeena Sirrf Merre Liye’. He is a very nice guy. Very sweet. He is like my brother in this film though we have been paired opposite each other in the earlier movies

No comments:

Post a Comment